Topic outline

  • General


    In the event of a claim, the University will need to demonstrate that all relevant H&S Procedures have been adhered to and that RAs are in place.

  • University Insurance

    The University has been a member of the specialist HE and FE insurer UMAL since 1/8/16 - the University's membership number is 175/16.  

    Information, including what to do in an emergency, is contained within the relevant sections below.  If you have any non-emergency queries relating to University Insurance, in the first instance you should contact  

  • University Insurance - Complaints

    University Insurance is arranged through the Finance Department.  If you wish to make a complaint about an insurance related matter, please contact: David Elcock, Director of Finance,

    • Student Contents Insurance

      Glyndwr University's Accommodation team has arranged contents cover for Students staying in the Student Village and Corbishly Hall through Endsleigh.  Once a student has arrived and has been allocated a room, the Accommodation team will contact Endsleigh for the insurance to be set up.

      Details of what is covered, how to make a claim, and how to personalise and extend the cover provided is available at the following link:  The Policy Number is HH1473.  

      Communications should generally be direct with the insurer.  The University contact is Meryl Austin, Reservations and Administration Manager, Tel 01978 293290.

    • Topic 4